Monday, March 18, 2013

A Cold Morning, My Husband, My Best Friend, Questionable Nicknames, 4 Miles, 3 Breweries & The Luck Of The Irish?

Happy March 18th!  ...hopefully the day before wasn't to hard on everyone -- although it was on a Sunday so those who worked today had the misfortune of not being able to go out till the "wee" hours of the morning drinking the green beer!

I have to say that it would appear that the traditions that have ensued over the past 2 years are hopefully what we will see for many years to come!  Last year Joe D and Jason P decided that since our favorite brewery (Valholl) was going to be apart of a Beer Run, Ryan (the husband) was going to do it with them.  Now let me be extremely clear -- they, and by they I mean all of them, are by no means runners -- they are in it for the beer.  So since St. Patty's Day 2012 we (including myself) have done the beer runs...and brought new peoples along the way.  Well this St. Patty's Day the only peoples who were around for the 1 year anniversary of this were myself, Ryan and Scott...or as Ryan was calling us "The Troublesome Trio".


We had a lot of fun with everything this year because we were able to customize our racing bibs and apparently we have all embraced out nicknames....even though they are never something we would want to explain to others...well, maybe not never.

The morning of beer runs always start out pretty early -- parking is limited, especially in Poulsbo so we tend to head out about 1.5 hours prior to the race.  It seemed that we were the only people who thought to do that so we decided to make a pit stop at Sly's Bakery (I apologize for the spelling) because how can you go to Poulsbo and not get one of the best doughnuts in the world...exactly, YOU CAN'T!

So skipping forward a bit...it is time to take off.  Now, let me say that while I have lost a good amount of weight recently, I am still not one who wants to run around in the cold feeling as though I am going to die -- and I twisted my knee; sooooooo....I am the cheater of the PBR 2013 who drove to each stop.  (For the run on 6/22 I will be running...even if it is on crutches).  I got to the 1st stop significantly fast than Scott and Ryan...so I got a beer waiting for them, bought the breakfast burritos and well can't go to sound brewery with out getting a cookie.  Nom Nom...that and there were only 2 breakfast burritos left when I got there! WTF!

Here is the other thing...I don't like beer!  I do enjoy hanging out with my friends and my hubby and the breweries in general so that is why I go.  And this time was no different...we had a great time.    All the breweries were very welcoming and you can't beat the people you get to see when you do these runs...they are all amazing!



 The beer runs ended as they generally go because after so much beer and walking/running you are ready for lunch and a nap.  Which was had by all!!!  ....well almost all, I had 2 monsters instead of beer at the event and was not a bit tired by the afternoon.  I was doing anything I could think off to keep myself busy so I didn't crash, which didn't happen because I was falling asleep while watching the amazing race!!!  


 I hope everyone had an amazing St. Patty's Day this year!  Here is too the next one!

Till Next Time,
xoxo Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment